Monday, October 5, 2009

Goodbye, Frye Boot Envy!


For the past four of years, I have been obsessed with Frye boots. I am a boots kind of girl, pretty much from Fall to the start of Summer. I have pined over owning my own pair of Frye boots, but I couldn't get over the $200+ price tag. I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a pair of shoes. I know that they are amazing and last forever, but to me, it's a lot of money. I've gone through Nordstrom way too many times stalking the Frye boots. I've looked through every thrift store I visit, in the hopes that someone got tired of their Frye boots. A couple of months ago, I was ready to just break down and buy a pair of Frye boots. I came to my senses and seriously considered buying a pair on E-Bay. Thank goodness for Target! They have a knock-off version of the Frye boot for 1/4 of the price! And the kicker is: they are LEATHER! Amazing. I had to go to two Target stores when I was back in Minneapolis, but it was well worth it. I've received many compliments, but the best part is, most people think they are really Frye's! I love it! Even people who own the same Frye version can't tell the difference. SHHHHH!!! It's my secret! The boots are very comfortable and are only $50 dollars. Such a steal.
Even if faux Frye boots are not your thing, Target has a great selection of shoes. I buy most of my flats from Target and they are just as comfortable as other flats that cost twice as much. My favorite pair of flats from Target finally bite the dust after four years of wear. It was a sad day when I had to finally throw them out because they had holes on the bottom and didn't stay on my feet anymore. I replaced my pointy toe hunter green flats with black and electric blue flats that were only & 16.99 a piece! My favorite boot of all time was a pair of light brown slouch boots from the Big Girl Shoe Department at Target (if you have small feet, the Big Girl 5 is equivalent to a women's 7). They were on clearance for $9.99! Super comfortable and practically indestructible. I had them for three years and finally had to get rid of them six months ago. I wore those boots just about everyday to work. I wished I had bought another pair.
Moral of the story: it pays to wait to make a really expensive shoe purchase . And Target is an amazing place to shop for shoes. I am really tempted to buy another pair of the faux Frye Target version, 'cause I love them so much.

5 comments:

  1. I never thought of looking at the big girls' section for shoes! I have gotten a lot of fun socks in the big girls' or juniors section though. Can't see them under boots anyway, so I can go to town with crazy stripes and hearts and stuff. I drew the line at ones with Hannah Montana puffy patches on them though.

    Yay Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tundrababe, that is an awesome idea to get socks in big girl or juniors departments! Nowdays, those departments have trend on stuff that is sooo much cheaper than ladies. I'm glad you passed on the Hannah Montana socks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FRYE is great but Target is greater, Really love shopping with them.

    ReplyDelete