Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My New Favorite Store

I have a new favorite store, that I just happened to stumble upon one day while taking a walk on Milwaukee Ave. It's Rudy's Round Up General Store in Wicker Park. They have an amazing assortment of gifty items and great vintage accessories and clothing. Best part of all, everything in the store is very reasonably priced. Rudy's has a great assortment of new and vintage jewelry. Lots of fun necklaces, including TONS of Owl necklaces and great vintage plastic jewelry. I am a big fan of quirky jewelry and I feel as if the buyers at Rudy's went shopping with me. I have to control myself. I could do some major damage with their great selection of jewelry. I did buy an Owl Necklace, which has become my favorite necklace. I'd been searching for several years for the perfect Owl necklace-- one that was unique and looked very vintage. The bags are amazing! Lots of cute purses and clutches. The really make a good effort to find top quality vintage bags--for a fraction of the price at most Vintage/ Thrift stores. The clothes are good, too. Lots of humorous t-shirts for guys and cute dresses and sweaters for women. The clothes are all in good condition and reasonably priced. To me, it seemed like the best of the best of thrift store finds.

I have a nearly impossible time finding good cards. I hate buying cards because they are all either super cheesy , way too sappy, lame or disrespectful to the recipient. Rudy's sells vintage cards and new cards that are much better than the average run of the mill Hallmark cards. And they they are about the same price as a Hallmark card, too. Plus, they are much more fun and unique.

Rudy's selection of gifty items is great, too. Everything from a Frida and Diego t-shirt to baby gifts to Dia de los Muertos skulls. There's something for every taste. I love that they have a selection of new and vintage. Need a California Raisin figure? It's there. A cute change purse or a cat figurine? Its there, too.

Rudy's is jammed-packed with a great selection of eclectic good, but with a very current spin. Not sure what to buy for your friend's birthday? You'll find something at Rudy's. And probably something for yourself, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment